14 October 2014
Some key points
- Munday’s bridge – serious problems seem to have arisen in the last few days during attempts to improve the channel profile (which was not created properly in the original project last year). When we are certain of the detail we’ll let you know.
- OFA will actively support South Hinksey PC’s efforts to ensure that SH should have temporary barriers should flooding threaten this winter.
- To get talks with landowners on long-stretch waterway maintenance under way asap.
- The EA plan to clear the obstructions in Hinksey Stream identified on our canoe trip (see 1 October below) soon.
- We received information from a Jericho resident about trees in the Castle Mill Stream and have liaised with the EA, who aim to clear these soon.
- We will have a stand at the ‘Flood Fair’ at West Oxford Community Centre on Friday 31October, 2-7pm. Open to all.