This seems a potentially costly proposal.
1) Present budget £4.1 million
2) Difficulty of building in low-lying ground with a high groundwater level in winter
3) Possible need to stabilise unstable ground by treating it with lime to a metre depth
4) Difficulties of creating a working SuDS in a flood plain
5) Occupancy likely to be low
6) Periodically out of use due to groundwater and fluvial flooding, pumping out, repair and maintenance
7) Pumping out (will be required according to the Applicant)
8) Repair of damage to surfaces and buildings – may be extensive after major floods
9) Cleaning and restoration of the porous surfaces required for SuDS
Given the risks associated with large floods and the likely depths and flow rates here, possibly
- compensation for damage to vehicles, including any swept away
- compensation for loss of life.