We talked about the proposed extension of Seacourt P&R, to which we are strongly opposed. The proposal by Oxford City Council involves building in the floodplain and is in our view clearly contrary to national planning guidance. We see many other problems with the application too. We have submitted detailed comments in the past, and have now made further objections which can be found on the Oxford City Planning website:
The application reference number is 16/02745/CT3.
We shared with Layla our ideas about making the most of the opportunities for freshwater wildlife that the Oxford Flood Alleviation Scheme (OFAS) offers, and about ensuring robust arrangements for its maintenance long into the future.
- is very supportive of our position on Seacourt.
- aims to raise flooding in Parliament to address issues around how Flood Re is operating.
- intends to join the All-party parliamentary group, APPG, for Flood Prevention.
- is going to see what she can do to help secure the remaining money needed for OFAS.
- was due to meet the Environment Agency soon after meeting us and would raise with them the question of long term maintenance for OFAS.